Plantar fasciitis North Melbourne
Plantar Fasciitis is a chronic condition which occurs in a structure known as the Plantar Fascia due to overuse and inflammation. Plantar Fasciitis is often felt in the morning when taking the first couple of steps of the day and at the end of a long day when resting. Plantar Fascia i Plantar Fasciitis is the most common cause of heel pain which develops gradually over time making it a chronic injury due to overuse. There are many factors which contribute to Plantar Fasciitis including
- Poor gait (walking pattern)
- Standing up and walking around for a long period of time
- Being flat-footed or having high arches
- Dull or sharp pain in the heel of the foot (often in one heel but sometimes both)
- Burning ache felt at the bottom of the foot
Come and see us at the clinic.